Tuesday, July 29, 2014

DAY 26 & 27: POTOSI

Welcome to Potosi... The highest city of its size in the world! It is located at 4070m above sea level and it's also very very cold!

Just like Sucre, there isn't much to do in Potosi other than walk around and enjoy the colonial feel of this unesco world heritage town.

Talking to my mom I said I felt like I was in Zacatecoluca, a town in El Salvador. The town must have been beautiful many years ago but now many buildings and houses are not well taken care of so it takes away some of its charm in my opinion... But still pretty in its own way.








Potosi is a mining town and still have some active ones. Some of the people in the tour got to go to a mine and met some miners... I skipped it since I felt claustrophobic just thinking about it!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment