Tuesday, July 1, 2014

DAY 2: LIMA

This morning I checked out of my room and at the desk I saw a girl asking for a taxi to barranco and since I'm nosy I saw the hotel name and it was the joining hotel for our tour and she ended up being part of my tour and I invited her to join us for the day.

Our first stop was at Kennedy park which is well known for the many cats that live there. On Sundays people can come and adopt them. 


We walked from Miraflores to Parque del amor and along the coast line. Even though it was a little foggy the walk was very relaxing. Somehow it felt fancy for what I thought Peru was going to be like; I don't know why but most of the time I felt as if I was in Chile (I have never been to Chile) maybe because I think of Chile as being more refined. The park along the coast was very well maintained with playground, beautiful green grass and flowers all over. Also, they had police all over making sure everything was fine.
Parque del amor was somewhat funny, it had a huge statue of a couple kissing and it had benches decorated with tiles and had really cheesy love quotes such as "how much is your hand worth now that it holds my kiss?" Or "you on this side, and me on the other, like two oars" haha I found them extremely funny. The park somehow reminded me of Park Guell in Barcelona!


We then went to lunch at Pescados Capitales... so delicious


We started with ceviche de lenguado mixto

Then calamares a la parrilla

And lastly conchitas a la parmesana

At night I met up with the group and had to sit through a 2 hour orientation!!!!! The guide, Ricardo, was very well prepared with a PowerPoint presentation and everything. To be honest it was a little too long, even more so because I was expecting a 30 min get together and then had plans to go to Lima's water circuit but of course that didn't happen. After the meeting I decide to skip dinner with the group and went for a nice dinner with Kate at Picas.



No comments:

Post a Comment