Monday, July 14, 2014

DAY 12: CUSCO Y OLLANTAYTAMBO

Today I woke up extra early to go to mass in the main cathedral in Cusco. The cathedral was beautiful inside and had many altars decorated with gold. At the back of the church they had the last super with Jesus eating Cuy ( guinea pig.)
I wanted to lit a candle but apparently this particular church is environmentally friendly and the only candles you can lit are electric ones and it just didn't seem right to lit an electric one so I skipped it. Mass was short and sweet and I prayed not to die in the inca trail! Haha

Mid morning some of us visited the Inca museum. I am not a museum person so I looked at it quickly and decided to go out for lunch with Sam at Greens organic, a restaurant I've been wanting to try.




We ordered an appetizer of fried cheese balls with mango salsa on top... delicious!!!

And two delicious salads to share.

We were then ready for our bus ride to Ollantaytambo! 

Here I am in a quick scenery stop


We arrived to Ollantaytambo mid afternoon just in time for the match Germany- Brazil. 
The town is small and cozy; it has narrow streets with a small water canal running through it.


Some of us decided to go on a hike to some inca ruins up the hill. Oh my! It was a struggle to go up but I saw it as a little practice for the inca trail. 








No comments:

Post a Comment